Ok, so I got a nifty app, Blogpress, that allows me to post photos from my iPad. I posted a first test a couple of posts ago. It worked like a charm.
Now I wanted to test the whole system. Take pictures, download pictures from the card to the iPad, write post with inserted pictures and post to the web. Everything went perfectly until the last step, when I discovered that there's a bug in the app that makes it not work with iOS 5, which I just updated to 2 days ago!
So, I had a smashing post complete with pictures and link words that has disappeared completely. Not sure if an update to Blogpress will fix this, or if I have to find another way.